January Favorites: The skin care routine currently saving my face

5:23 AM


After moving to Japan, I was at a loss as to what to do about finding skin care products which would help calm my breakouts. I wasn't sure which brands could be trusted or which brands were well known enough here to be worth trying! My face had the best of me.





 Luckily my boyfriend's mother, who specializes in massage therapy and skin care, recommended me to try either DHC, Fancl, or Shisedo. Shisedo being more for less sensitive skin types and DHC being the latter. I was so happy to learn from her and I took her advice right away.



I bought the whole olive oil line little by little. First the oil, then the soap, then the lotion, and finally the virgin olive oil. It's been less than 3 weeks and I'm already seeing a big difference. ((Even my boyfriend could tell!)) 


The steps are as follows: 

#1 Deep Cleansing Oil - Removes ALL MAKE UP. I mean ALL OF IT. You could have waterproof mascara and this would take it off instantly. Use BEFORE wetting your face and before you get in the shower. I learned how to make the most of just two small pumps of the cleanser by watching this video (Japanese Beauty Blogger, Sasaki Asahi.)

#2 Mild Soap - Based with Olive Oil and Honey.  After rinsing the deep cleansing oil with luke warm water, begin using the soap!! This soap makes your skin feel so CLEAN and prepped for MOISTURIZING! I like to use this in the shower!

#3 Mild Lotion - Liquid lotion which is not too heavy but also moisturizes really well! After drying your face with a face towel, start putting moisturiz! You only need a quarter sized amount in your palm. Lightly pat your face with it! No need to rub it in too hard.

#4 Olive Virgin Oil - The last layer of moisture feels so good! Let your skin soak up that oil!! Again, it's not so heavy where you're over moisturizing, but your skin feels so nourished in the end!





I wish I had before and after photos but I don't. So here's and illustration: 


 I will also add that DHC Japan DOES NOT test on Animals! 


The brand is mainly here in Japan, but you can purchase the products online!

 Everyone's skin is different, so it's so refreshing to find a product that is just right. 
What are some of your favorite skin care products? 



With love,  
Mana 











You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe